Immigration Forum

Where do You Send Form I-130 Once Everything is Complete?

Once you have filled out Form I-130 and gathered all supporting documentation, you’re ready to send it in! But where you send the form is different depending on where you live.

USCIS Phoenix Lockbox Facility

If you live in any of the following states or territories, you will send your Form to the USCIS Phoenix Lockbox facility.

• Alaska
  • American Samoa
  • Arizona
  • California
  • Colorado
  • The Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
  • Florida
  • Guam
  • Hawaii
  • Idaho
  • Kansas
  • Montana
  • Nebraska
  • Nevada
  • New Mexico
  • North Dakota
  • Oklahoma
  • Oregon
  • Puerto Rico
  • South Dakota
  • Texas
  • Utah
  • Virgin Islands
  • Washington
  • Wyoming
If you are sending it through the U.S. Postal Service (USPS), please address the envelope:

USCIS
ATTN: I-130
PO Box 21700
Phoenix, AZ 85036

If you choose to send the Form Express mail or through a commercial courier, please address the envelope:

USCIS
Attn: I-130
1820 E Skyharbor Circle S
Suite 100
Phoenix, AZ 85034

USCIS Chicago Lockbox Facility

If you are filing the Form and live in any of the following states or territories, you will send the form to the USCIS Chicago Lockbox facility:

• Alabama
  • Arkansas
  • Connecticut
  • Delaware
  • Georgia
  • Illinois
  • Indiana
  • Iowa
  • Kentucky
  • Louisiana
  • Maine
  • Maryland
  • Massachusetts
  • Michigan
  • Minnesota
  • Mississippi
  • Missouri
  • New Hampshire
  • New Jersey
  • New York
  • North Carolina
  • Ohio
  • Pennsylvania
  • Rhode Island
  • South Carolina
  • Tennessee
  • Vermont
  • Virginia
  • Washington, D.C.
  • West Virginia
  • Wisconsin
  • Any other country or territory outside of the United States
If you are sending it through the U.S. Postal Service (USPS), please address the envelope:

USCIS
PO Box 804625
Chicago, IL 60680-4107

If you choose to send the Form Express mail or through a commercial courier, please address the envelope:

USCIS
Attn: I-130
131 South Dearborn-3rd Fl
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Is there a way to get an application through this system quickly? Which USCIS office processes aplicaciones the quickest?

So helpful thank you. After I submit the I-130, is there a way I can track my status online?

Hi Josef,

You can check your immigration status with our free USCIS case status check tool:
https://simplecitizen.com/uscis-case-status/

You can also sign up for automatic email or text message alerts when the USCIS updates your status :slight_smile:

I know that I sent out my application to Chicago Lockbox, but Chicago sends out applications to a service center that are California, Texas, Nebraska, Vermont and Potomac service centers. So, how do you know, to which service center the case file went to if you have initially sent case file I-130 to Chicago lockbox. I’m asking this question because there is a page in the USCIS website that shows the dates of application each service centers are currently working on. For example, the Vermont Service Center is currently working cases that were received on January 1, 2017. Does any one have ideas about this issue?
thank you

USCIS will process in the times of the service center that is marked in their receipt number, no matter which physical location the application is (sometimes they balance the load sending to different service centers but it should be transparent for the applicants), so they should check their I-797 and check the processing times for the service center corresponsing to the first three letters on the receipt – EAC – Vermont Service Center;
– WAC – California Service Center;
– LIN – Nebraska Service Center; and
– SRC – Texas Service Center.