What forms do I need to submit for a green card?

I want to become permanent res. The immigration lawyer in my town is too expensive so I want to get the forms and do them myself. What forms do I need to get to fill out besides the I-485 and the I-130?? I am from China.

Hey Jin,

Technically all these forms could end up in your adjustment of status application:
(according this green card guide)

All these forms are available to download directly from USCIS’s website:

Form G-325A | Biographic Information

Form I-90 | Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card

Form I-129F | Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)

Form I-130 | Petition for Alien Relative

Form I-131 | Application for Travel Document

Form I-140 | Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker

Form I-191 | Application for Relief Under Former Section 212© of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA)

Form I-360 | Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant

Form I-485 | Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

Form I-485 Supplement A | Supplement A to Form I-485, Adjustment of Status Under Section 245(i)

Form I-485 Supplement J | Confirmation of Bona Fide Job Offer or Request for Job Portability Under INA Section 204(j)

Form I-508 | Request for Waiver of Certain Rights, Privileges, Exemptions and Immunities

Form I-508F | Request for Waiver of Rights, Privileges, Exemptions, and Immunities for French Nationals

Form I-526 | Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur

Form I-566 | Interagency Record of Request — A, G or NATO Dependent Employment Authorization or Change/Adjustment to/from A, G or NATO Status

Form I-589 | Application for Asylum and for Withholding of Removal

Form I-601 | Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility

Form I-602 | Application By Refugee For Waiver of Grounds of Excludability

Form I-612 | Application for Waiver of the Foreign Residence Requirement (under Section 212(e) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, as Amended)

Form I-643 | Health and Human Services Statistical Data for Refugee/Asylee Adjusting Status

Form I-693 | Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record

Form I-730 | Refugee/Asylee Relative Petition

Form I-751 | Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

Form I-765 | Application for Employment Authorization

Form I-824 | Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition

Form I-829 | Petition by Entrepreneur to Remove Conditions on Permanent Resident Status

Form I-854 | Inter-Agency Alien Witness and Informant Record

Form I-864 | Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the INA

Form I-864A | Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member

Form I-864EZ | Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the Act

Form I-864P | HHS Poverty Guidelines for Affidavit of Support

Form I-864W | Request for Exemption for Intending Immigrant’s Affidavit of Support

Form I-914 | Application for T Nonimmigrant Status

Form I-918 | Petition for U Nonimmigrant Status

Form I-929 | Petition for Qualifying Family Member of a U-1 Nonimmigrant

I know that’s a lot and you won’t need all of them. If you can’t afford an immigration attorney, you can easily use SimpleCitizen to create your green card application. It’s really easy - you answer some questions and then the website prints out your entire application. They even have an attorney check feature if you want a lawyer to double check everything (which is what I did).

Good luck!