Trump's Travel Ban: Who does it affect?

Originally published at: https://learn.simplecitizen.com/2017/10/trumps-travel-ban-who-does-affect/

Faster than Apple updates, the Trump administration is already carrying out version 3.0 on immigration policy, commonly known as the Travel Ban. This update aims to prohibit entry of nonimmigrants and immigrants who are nationals from 8 countries; Chad, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Somalia, Syria, Venezuela, Yemen. Each country has its own set of specific…

I can’t believe this guy. :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

@Maurilio.Gonzalez if you don’t like Presidente Trump then why are you immigrating to the US? Doesn’t make sense to me SMH :joy:

Even though it is not the travel ban, US President Donald Trump also issued a memorandum dated March 6, 2017 to all US embassies and consulates calling for “heightened screening and vetting” for applications for visas.This includes the use of Form DS-5535 (Supplemental Questions for Visa Applicants). this new measure now gives US Embassy Consulars broad powers to request more background materials from certain applicants compared to regular applicants. For example, these additional materials include:

• passport and travel history,
  • information on relatives,
  • address and contact information,
  • current and prior email addresses, and
  • social media account names.

This has actually been implemented and is in use where embassies feel there is a security issue. For example, in the Philippines, Mindanao US Visa Applicants are Facing Additional Administrative Processing Recently.

Therefore, this is also affecting visa applicants from the Mindanao in the Philippines. There is really nothing that can be done except go through it.

One thing to do is to Use Social Media Properly during a US visa application.

What does Donald Trump have to do with my motive to come to the United States? Whoever is sitting in the White House has zero impact on my reason for becoming a US citizen.

He will be gone soon anyways.

Amen @LovelyLisa :slightly_smiling_face:

I am from Ukraine and have a residence permit in the Netherlands, and I wanted to visit US like a tourist with my hasband from the Netherlands, but I didn’t get a visa. My husband got. :confused: