Traveling while your Green Card is processing

Traveling while your green card application is processing can be risky.

It depends on whether or not you submitted the Form I-131, Authorization for Travel document or re-entry permit, or advance parole travel document.

If you submit the Form I-131 with your green card application and it is approved by the USCIS you are essentially authorized to travel in and out of the US while your green card is being processed.

The Form I-131 is included in your application if you used SimpleCitizen to prepare your packet and indicated that you will be traveling. If you have not started your application yet but want to, click here to get started.

Click here to learn more about the rules around traveling while your application is processing.