Immigration Forum

Submitted Application for Green Card

I submitted application for Green Card on March 1, 2019. It was delivered to USCIS on March 4, 2019. My application included the following forms:

1. Form I-693 Report of Medical Examination
  2. Form G-1145
  3. Form I-130
  4. Form I-130A
  5. Form I-485
  6. Form I-765
  7. Form I-131
  8. Form I-864

As the process continues I will update and let you guys know the time period it’s taking. I am living in Connecticut.

Also I came up on a B2 visa and my stamp allows me to stay until March 13, 2019. I know my date will pass but it is not recommended to leave until the process is complete.

Just an Update…
On March 22, 2019 I received a notice to do the biometrics. My date for this is April 1, 2019.

Question you mention that you came to the country on a B2 Visa How long ago was that?? Who recommended you to submit all those forms at the same time???

I needed all those forms. I do want to work as well as travel while my green card is being processed hence why I included those. If you are doing the process through simple citizen then they are all included. Also if they are done with your green card application there is no additional charge. If you do decide to do them after then you will have to pay for it.

I am confuse I have a same Visa B2 my husband wants to send the petition for my resident card. A couple years ago when I enter the country I decided to stay and my Visa expire. Now that we are considering traveling I am undocumented should I fill out the same forms

I am confuse I have a same Visa B2 my husband wants to send the petition for my resident card. A couple years ago when I enter the country I decided to stay and my Visa expire. Now that we are considering traveling I am undocumented should I fill out the same forms

I came on my visa september 14 2018. It has not been years for me however the same forms should be done. I would recommend you use simple citizen services as they do all the forms and you would go to the doctor and get the medical done to include in the package. They send you a complete filing package ready to to be mailed out to USCIS

Thanks
I would do that I though I had to do pardon and go back to my country.

Can u go with your expire visa to the biometric or passport please help me

No. If your visa is still valid you can travel to the United States with your two passports , as long as the visa is valid, not damaged, and is the appropriate type of visa required for your principal purpose of travel.

How is the process going?
Im interested to go from visitor visa to apply for a green card.

Hi,
Any updates on your green card process? Thanks…

So great news guys. On october 15 i received an updated that my case is now scheduled for an interview. So my interview is in December.
As I mentioned when I submitted my adjustment of status forms (I-485) I also did I-130 & I-765 authorization to travel & work.
On october 25 I received updated that both has been approved and my card was mailed out on October 30. I have received same card which allows me to work and travel valid for 1 year on November 2.

After my interview in December I will keep you posted on the results.

I assume it was a family based (immediate relative) application. Please confirm.

Yes it was. Marriage based so now just waiting on the interview but the good thing I can now work and travel