I-485 - Spouse previously married

What should I do if my husband was previously married, but doesn’t have his divorce paperwork? Is this paperwork needed as supporting documentation if my husband is my petitioner? :grinning:


Hello SimpleCitizen community member Friend! :sunglasses:

You will need to send a copy of the beneficiary’s divorce decree as supporting documentation for the Form I-130 Petition for an Alien Relative.

Submit a copy with the Adjustment of Status application that is sent into the USCIS and then bring the actual bona fide decree when you go to the USCIS interview.

Hope this Helps!

:de: :de: :de: :de: :de: :de: :de: :de: auf wiedersehen! :de: :de: :de: :de: :de: :de: :de: :de:


You will need to file this form with application for supporting documentations. Use this link for helping: http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Laws/Memoranda/Static_Files_Memoranda/2009/i-751_Filed_%20Prior_Termination_3apr09.pdf

Hopefully I am help to you! :v:


Many times you can contact the local court where the divorce was finalized. They should have a record that you can access and get a copy of. If that doesn’t work, you should try and contact the attorney that helped you with the divorce.