I-130, overstayed visa


Finally getting my citizenship and want to apply for a green card for my mother. She was here in the US on a visitor visa, but overstayed (1989-2002). In 2002 she left for Barbados and hasn’t been back.

Is it still possible to get her a green card, even though she overstayed her visa? Is there a penalty to pay? Thanks everyone.