I-130 & Immigration Process Timeline and Length

Hello,

I am new to SimpleCitizen. I am glad that I was able to fill out everything that I needed for my I-130 Petition for Alien Relative. My spouse is a US citizen and petitioned for me and my 5 kids a few months ago. We received a Notice of Action that the petition was accepted and sent to our local service center. We still haven’t heard anything else about his case since. Any thoughts as to how long this should take? Thank you!

3 Likes

This can usually take around 6 months for you to get everything back and then go in for the interview and then finally get the actual green card … I wouldn’t worry too much. You should be getting the next notice soon. It took a while for me and my husband too … its the government … we cant expect too much :sweat: The I-130 Petition for Alien Relative should not take too long

3 Likes

Great! We actually just got confirmation on the process and the letter to schedule the Adjustment of Status interview! I am very nervous about this interview.

3 Likes

My brother did this process and he is reporting 8 months of waiting time. It can take many months depending on government factors… :jack_o_lantern:

1 Like

You can check wait times and processing information directly with the government and USCIS here:

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

1 Like

Hello~ I submitted my green card application about 7 months ago and haven’t heard anything back. Could my green card application be taking longer because I have a misdemeanor on my record? Can a criminal background make the application process take longer than normal?