How long does it take to become a citizen?

On average, it takes 6 months to become a United States citizen after filing the form N-400, Application for Naturalization.

Wait times are sometimes shorter, or sometimes longer. How long you wait depends largely on your situation and your location. On average, each application takes between 5 to 8 months for the USCIS (US Citizenship and Immigration Services) to process.

Link: How to Become a United States Citizen

This says it takes 6 months to become naturalized?
Doesn’t it take a lot longer because you have to get a green card first?
How long does it take to apply for a green card?
How long would it take me to go through the whole immigration process from start to finish?

(I’m from Brazil btw)

Once you apply for a green card it takes approximately 8 to 14 months to receive the green card.

You must be a permanent resident of the U.S. (aka having your green card) for at least 5 years before you become eligible for naturalization.

Are there any exceptions to the five-year rule? Yes, there are:

Permanent residents who are married to U.S. citizens only have to wait 3 years to apply for citizenship
Battered spouses of a U.S. citizen also only have to wait 3 years
Spouses of U.S. citizens in certain overseas jobs, refugees and asylees all have special circumstances that may permit them to apply for citizenship earlier than 5 years.

On average, for a marriage based immigration process - you’re looking at 6 to 8 years.

I have filed in Utah to become a US citizen, but it has taken a long time. I have been waiting more than 10 months. It seems like the USCIS is taking a long time. Que diabo…quem projetou esta cidade? Não faz sentido!