Help! K1/K3 Questions, US Citizen living overseas


I have searched the internet and my situation seems to be more rare than I expected. To make a long story short, I am a us citizen working in Japan with the US Military. I am not active duty, just a civilian. I would like to sponsor my Japanese fiancee to go with me to Japan. The main reason I ask for the fiance visa is because it seems to be the quickest way to get her approved to go to the US.

If I get her approved with a K1/K3 visa, I know she has six months to go with me to the states, get married, and then get her status adjusted. In the case of a K1 visa, a major portion of this involves her staying in the states and waiting for the green card to get processed. However, I will not do that unless I get a job back in the states. At the moment I’m on a work contract here and wanted to sponsor her in the event I need to go back stateside. Is there a way to extend the six months until I have a job stateside? I have seen absolutely no information regarding my particular situation. Thanks!