Form I-130 / Form I-485 / K1 Visa - What to do?

Hello Everyone!

I am getting ready to marry my fiancee. He is US Citizen living in Denver, Colorado. I will be living with him after wedding ceremony. I am unsure what to do next.

Should we complete a K-1 Visa for fiancee? Or Should I enter on a B-1 Visa and then file the Form I-130 Petition for an Alien Relative and a Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence?

Should we submit both forms together at the same time? Should we just submit the Form I-130 Petition for an Alien Relative first? Then the Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence?

Please help me. We are excited about the wedding, but it is so stressful trying to figure out all of these details.

God Bless You!

5 Likes

You should try using the website. If you make your decision to do the Adjustment of Status using SimpleCitizen, they will help you complete the needed forms.

It is easy- but maybe have a consultation with a lawyer first so that you can make the proper plans.

5 Likes

Yes, This website is great for Adjustment of Status (AOS) but I would speak to Lawyer for complex planning.

4 Likes

Thank you! I will accept your advice and contact attorney. :relaxed:

4 Likes

B-1 Visa and then file the Form I-130 Petition for an Alien Relative and a Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence is a good option for you if you don’t know what you are doing. I spoke to attorney and they told me that I could use this method to do Adjustment of Status.

Thank You All

2 Likes

I had my immigration lawyer do this for $1005. It was a special deal that he was doing for the K1 fiancee visa.