F-1 Visa and Transfer Student

Guten tag SimpleCitizen community!

My son is currently studying at University in the United States. He lives with his mother in Stuttgart but is attending University in Los Angeles.

His visa is an F-1 Visa for studying Mechanical Engineering. He will be transferring to Washington next month. What will my son need to do to make sure that his visa remains current?

Will this effect his ability to get an H1B visa with his future employer?


In this usual situations the University will complete F-1 Student for transfer to new University in study.

You will be successful with all H1B! Many peace to you!


If you are graduating with a BS degree in one of these fields you will be able to apply for the F1 OPT program. You can work without a sponsor for a while. After that, you can begin your studies as a Masters student. After you graduate with your MS, you can apply for the OPT program again. Each time you participate on the F1 OPT program you can apply for the H1b visa.

1 Like

Here is a list of some great companies that support international students and hire out of university while sponsoring H1b applications: http://www.myvisajobs.com/Reports/2014-H1B-Visa-Sponsor.aspx

1 Like

@glenn_l_angelo This is a great list of companies that support H1b applications. I know that most fortune 500 companies will hire foreigners in the US and help sponsor H1b applications. For example all big 4 accounting firms (Delloitte, KPMG, PWC and EY) as well as Goldman Sachs.