About the Students Visa - F, M category

Generally, a citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the United States must first obtain a visa, either a nonimmigrant visa for temporary stay, or an immigrant visa for permanent residence. You must have a student visa to study in the United States. Your course of study and the type of school you plan to attend determine whether you need an F-1 visa or an M-1 visa.

Learn More Here: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/study-exchange/student.html

What can I do to change my visa status as F2 to F1? I submitted the case to the USCIS a few months ago but I haven’t heard any word. What should do I?